Airlangga Summer Program 2015-Indonesia

Airlangga Summer Program 2015-Indonesia
Airlangga Summer Program 2015-Indonesia

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Building My Own Computer

Type of Computer: Graphic Design Computer
Estimated budget: 1500USD
Parts:
        Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro REV 3.0
Reason: This motherboard is specially designed with unlocked multipliers. It contains 4 slots and its maximum speed is 1600 MHz which is really fast. Additionally, the maximum amount supported is 32 GB which is suitable with I want.
        CPU: Intel Core i7 2600S 2.8Ghz QUAD CORE 8MB 65W
Reason: This CPU consumes less power with higher performance and it is compatible for good graphic design too.  Among the Intel Core i7, it is the cheapest and its smart cache is up to 8MB which could perform really fast.
        RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 2GB (DDR3-2000 SKU)
Reason: I choose this RAM because it supports with my motherboard and it runs at DDR-1600 speeds which is really good for the graphic and it can keep my memory cool running and stable. 
         Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Twin Frozr II
Reason: It is a nice video card which can perform a nice boost in addition with a low noise system and gives me the best graphic design; even the cost of it is a little bit high. Similarly, it has a high quality digital resolution which is 2560x1600.  
          Sound Card: Onboard Sound
Reason: It is adequate for me to use onboard sound because it is not essential to the graphic design at all.
        Controllers (Adapter Cards): No need
Reason: I do not intend to put my hard drives in a Raid array, and then I do not need a controller.
         Networking (Adapter Cards): 802.11n Wireless USB Adapter
Reason: This networking is recognized by Windows 7; thus, it benefits for my usage as I have experienced using with only Windows 7 and it supports to most type of wireless networks.
         Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s
Reason: I am an average user; therefore, 500GB storage is enough for me to store my files. Moreover, it is free for me and it performs a bit faster and capability.
          CD / DVD Rom: Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA (black)
Reason: This DVD Rom is suitable for me to use due to it is free and I do not need to watch or write any blue ray disk.
          Removable Drive: No need
Reason: I think it is not useful to me at all as I never used it before.
           Case: Lancool PC-K7B Black
Reason: It is lightweight and especially, does not cost me a lot of money as I think it is not good to waste a lot of money for my computer’s case.
          Power Supply: Seasonic X-560 (SS-560KM Active PFC F3)
Reason: It is silent, affordable price and extremely efficiency. Moreover, it is unique in being a high powered modular power supply.
           CPU Cooling: Scythe Katana 3 CPU Cooler
Reason: It is short, so it is best fit with my case that I have chosen. Its airflow is55.55 which is really high that can keep my computer cooling and it has light weight as well.
           Monitor: Asus VW246H 24 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
Reason: It has a nice resolution which is beneficial for my graphic design. Not only does it provide me a nice view of the pictures or movies, it is also good for the editing of pictures and movies as well.
           Speakers: Logitech LS11 2.0 Stereo Speaker System
Reason: It can give me a good sound and its price is affordable for me. I do not want to spend a lot of money for the better speaker; therefore, this one is adequate for me.
           Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 (Keyboard/Mouse)
Reason: It is wireless and it has the entire keyboard featured. Similarly, it has most of the useful shortcuts that I want and frequently used.
           Mouse: Logitech G400 Laser Mouse
Reason: It has a lot of buttons and it can move as fast as I move my hand. It can stimulate all the actions for my design.

Cost according to the website: 1879.02$
Conclusion: It seems to be a bit expensive for graphic design computers rather than any other types. However, it is reasonable to me for the price that I have chosen above. It is my first time that I configure building my own computer as I have never experienced before. I think the computer that I have chosen above will works really best for the design. The technology is updating every year, so this type of computer will be out of date in the near future and people have to buy the new one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment